Saturday, October 6, 2012

Assembly line for Candy Canes


Steve and I made a trip to Lowe's at noon today for 9 round wooden posts to make 
Candy Canes for the Bazaar.
Out of those 9 posts we made 16 Candy Canes.  
We had an assembly line going.  


Mike always makes a jig for the candy canes.  It is easier to screw them together when he does this.  
The first year we did this it took me to hold the candy canes together while he drilled the holes and then put the screws into the posts.  Too much muscle doing it that way.   
I am so glad he came up with this new method last year.  I am saving the jig for next year.  


You can kind of see the Jig that Mike made for easy assembly. 
 I did have to run to Home Depot for more screws and wood filler. 
 I also picked up some paint brushes for painting.  I am so surprised how far we got today.  
I honestly thought they would have to come back tomorrow to help  me paint the Candy Canes White.   


Here is Theresa sanding the posts after Steve cut them all out and just before Mike assembled them.


I was also sanding the pieces for Mike.


Steve is cutting all the bases for the Candy Canes. 


This is one of the candy canes on its base before we painted it.



Tre' and Theresa are painting the Candy Canes white.  They did a really good job.
I will be painting the red stripes.  I have 16 to do.  Yikes!!!!

Pat went to Papa Murphy's for Pizza around 4:30 and also stopped to  picked up Sam and Jack at their house for dinner.  It was good to celebrate a great work day over pizza and beer!!!
I will be sure to take pictures of the finished projects and post on a later blog.  
Thanks for stopping by...





No comments:

Post a Comment