Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This and That

Last week I worked out of my scrap fabric bag.  
I saw this quilt pattern on a blog and decided that I had lots of scrappy fabric strips.  
So I ironed them all and began putting them together.
You start with a 10 inch piece of muslin and center your 
main fabric and then start sewing other strips to it.  
I trimmed all the squares to 9.5 inches.  
I ended up with 36 squares.  This week 
I am going to get them laid out and get them sewn.  
 We left for Webster City on Friday morning for Pat's Aunt Rita's funeral.  
This is a picture of  his siblings that attended the funeral on Saturday.  
 Saturday after the funeral in Webster City we drove to Thor, IA 
to meet several of Pat's classmates for dinner.  
We spent Saturday night with Rich and Connie Benjamin.   
Sunday morning before leaving for Omaha we played several hands of "500". 
It was the girls against the guys and we ended up in a tie.  So until next time! 
Connie has a rhubarb patch and she shared enough so I could make a pie.  
We arrived back in McKinney on Tuesday afternoon and 
as you can see below I made a pie for dinner tonight.  Yummy!!!
Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment